Friday, November 16, 2012

DOMINICAN PRIDE!! :)


DOMINICAN PRIDE!! :)

The Dominican Republic is a nation on the island of Hispaniola. It's also the second largest Caribbean nation!  My family member and I have pride in our ethnicity. To express my feelings and thoughts, I write poetry. I also have close friends that are interested in it too. A girl by the name of  Dari wrote a poem about her Dominican pride that I wanted to share. It's entitled " Dominican Pride"

Roses are Red,Dominicans are brown
That's my race, so don't put it down.
My Dominican pride, I will not hide
My Dominican race, I will not disgrace.
My Dominican blood, flows hot & true
My Dominican peeps, I will stand by you.
Through thick & thin, till the day we die
Our Dominican flag, Always stands high.
I yell this poem, louder then all the rest
Because everyone knows, DOMINICANS ARE THE BEST.
DOMINICAN pride in my mind
DOMINICAN BLOOD is my kind.
So step aside & let me through
Because its all bout my Dominican crew.
Life sucks and then you die, but if your'e Dominican
YOU DIE WITH SOME GOOD PRIDE !!!

1 comment:

  1. "DOMINICAN pride in my mind
    DOMINICAN BLOOD is my kind.
    So step aside & let me through
    Because its all bout my Dominican crew" -- plagiarism! I remember I was the one who spread this poem around when I was around 11 yrs old - I borrowed it from the Italians.

    ReplyDelete